1. It's not all sweet tea and mint juleps down here.....we also like bbq.
2. We aren't stupid. Or slow. It's hot as hell and humid as a wet blanket in a dryer. It slows a person down.
3. We DO wear shoes. I swear. Have been for quite some time - at least 5 years.
4. It's not Mississippi Burning down here, no matter what the media wants you to believe.
5. We are as nice to visitors as they say, we can't help it, it's a compulsion.
6. We will call you a Yankee if you hail from above the Mason-Dixon line. We don't mean nuthin' by it.
7. We have air-conditioning. It's imperitive for us to live and breathe between April-October. (We don't glisten on the front porches, under ceiling fans like Ashley Judd in a Time to Kill.)
8. Football is a religion - believe it, live it, breath it. And dress your child in your SEC school colors.
9. Don't mess with a Mississippi girl, she may look all sweet and innocent on the outside, but she probably has a gun in her purse and knows how to use it.